Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

clothes for Marie






So, instead of buying, I made few clothes for little Marie :). Making child garments is usually quick and easy (as the fit isn´t so important), so it´s really enjoyable. I use simple patterns with cheap fabrics which make the process really fuss free. All the patterns are from 1992 Burda mag my grandma gave me - she used to make clothes for me and my brother with it when we were kids :). With this single Burda I already made two pairs of throusers for Marie (and now the coat and the leggings). I´m also making a winter coat with the same pattern now, minus the ruffles in the front and minus the hood, unfortunatelly, because I don´t have enough fabric. Instead of the hood I´m making a collar, which I like too! And I plan to make her some nice cord pants, too. I love making these small pieces.
And look at this beauty! I accidentally picked a zucchini with a bud and took it home, and then it bloomed like this in our kitchen :).


7 comments:

  1. love the clothes!!! you should do that for living:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I had no idea zucchinis had flowers like lillies! (The clothes are beautiful, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I´d love to do that for living, but my skills are not good enough and I can´t make the patterns myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very adorable outfit! Did you eat the flower? They're tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, haha, I didn´t know it´s possible to eat the flower... so I didn´t :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're a great sewstress! (??? that is the word in English, isn't it?) I love the clothes, especially the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot, Nina! I guess the word is more like "seamstress", but it´s similar :). I wish I was a better one, though :). The coat was extremely easy to make, anyone can do it :).

    ReplyDelete